SPCA PETS SNAP of Montgomery County passionately supports a community where animals are valued, treated with respect and kindness and provided a secure and loving quality of life. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit, all volunteer organization serving the citizens and animals of Montgomery County, Texas. To accomplish our mission we will...
· Rescue and rehabilitate homeless animals providing a safe haven for the animals until a suitable adoptive home is found or until they are reunited with their owner through our "Save More Lives" program.
· Through our "Humane Education and Public Awareness" program further the cause of responsible animal ownership, the great need to reduce the pet population by spaying or neutering their pets and encourage a stronger bond between people and their pets.
· Provide a limited number of low-cost spay/neuter services for the people unable to afford to spay or neuter their pets otherwise through our "Last Litter" program.
We are not an open admissions organization and we have a "no-kill policy for healthy, treatable and adoptable animals.
We understand that fulfilling our vision will mean a partnership with the entire community and all of our stakeholders.
We envision a county where each companion animal finds a permanent and compassionate home, where communities are enriched by the special bond between people and animals, where cruelty no longer exists and where each home practices responsible pet ownership, including spaying and neutering their pets. With this clear and unified understanding of our purpose, direction and path we set out our core values:
We are guided by the belief that no adoptable or treatable companion animal should be unnecessarily euthanized due to space, time, looks or breed.
· STEWARDSHIP: We manage and allocate all our resources to remain steadfast to our mission, to achieve the greatest good, and to ensure the future of our organization.
· QUALITY CARE: Our actions and decisions are based on providing the best medical care and services to the most animals. We respect the life of each individual animal, while focusing on the welfare of volunteers, community, and the animal population as a whole.
· COMMUNITY-FOCUSED: We enrich the community we serve by placing safe, healthy companion animals in responsible, loving homes.
· RESPECT: We treat all persons and animals with dignity and respect in a non-judgmental manner. The general public, our clients, donors, volunteers, business partners, suppliers and board members are all viewed as our partners in improving animal welfare and in fulfilling our Mission.
· INTEGRITY: We interact with each other and the communities we serve in a way that is respectful, fully transparent and ethical.
· INNOVATION: We develop, implement and share new ideas, creative solutions and leading nonprofit practices.
MOTTO – PETS SNAP
People Eliminate The Suffering - Spay Neuter Adopt Please
· General Public
· Animal Guardians (Community Pet Owners)
· Animal Welfare & Interest Organizations (Vets, Pet Stores, Groomers, Trainers, Other Animal Rescue & Shelter Organizations)
· City/County Agencies
· State Agencies
· Federal Agencies